Saturday, March 3, 2012

So much for the new me

Well, everything fell apart today.  The new me is going to have to wait.  I was going to start a new chapter in my life and get things back in order but LIFE got in the way.  How ironic.

Thursday night I had the worst foot pain ever (of course my bad foot).  I could barely walk.  I don't know why or how, it just hurt. I came home and iced it and wrapped it up in the hopes that by Friday morning I would be ok.  But, of course not.  It's better now after I had to cancel my plans this morning.  REALLY??

My big experiment on Thursday didn't work.  My boss was waiting for these results to put in his grant, and of course it didn't work.  I'm avoiding him now.

My laptops been acting weird and now its microphone doesn't work...great!

Of course when everything else is falling apart, Spots (my goldfish) gets sick.  He was super swollen this morning, freaking me out.  I was panicking trying to figure out what to do.  I thought he would burst.  Of course I had to go to work to set up another experiment, meanwhile trying to figure what the heck is going on.

I love how people don't really care that your pet goldfish is sick.  They think its funny and whisper in their heads (he's going to die anyways, why bother) and they tell me to concentrate on more important things. You know what, next time you're sick, I'll stick to more important things and not care! Thanks! If we pull animals out of their real homes, the least we can do is treat them with care.

Many phone calls, internet searches and pet store visits later (I was going everywhere trying to find the right medication), he is quarantined and being treated for God knows what.  He's on an anti-paracytic regimen right now, but he might have early stages of Dropsy.  I hope not.  He hasn't "pine-coned" yet, so maybe I caught it early.  I DON'T KNOW! I'm so worried!

You can't really tell from these pictures how swollen he really is.  He wouldn't let me snap a good picture.  I don't blame him.



I've spent so much money moving these fish and medicating them...it's ridiculous.  It doesn't help that some people have the nerve to mention that the money you spend on animals could feed hungry people.  Yes I know, I already feel like crap thank you!

1 comment:

  1. We love SPOTS! Just let him know that we are praying for him...tell him I expect to come and bring him some peas for him to play with. *:

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...