Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Waking up early

As part of my new years resolution I have been attempting to wake up earlier than usual everyday this week.  I have been somewhat successful (emphasis on the somewhat), waking up a whole 30min earlier than normal each day (trust me that is a big deal for me).  I have also tried to be in bed by 11:00pm so I fall asleep by 11:15 the latest, so I can wake up early (meaning 8am) but that hasn't worked out so well.  I lie in bed for at least an hour, counting imaginary cute sheep in my head trying so hard to fall asleep.  I've still been falling asleep at 1am, so although I am trying to wake up earlier, I think I need to figure out a better way to fall asleep.  So I tried sitting in bed by 11pm last night and surfing the internet until my eyes got tired.  That took about an hour,  so I fell asleep by 12:00pm and therefore waking up at 8:00am was difficult (it didn't happen).

Some of you may be shocked at how late I wake up! Yes I know most of the world is up at 7am, but you know what...GOOD FOR YOU!  I DON'T LIKE WAKING UP EARLY.  Why should I anyways, when I can come into work when I need to (of course I end up staying later, but whatever).  Psht!

Freaken story of my life!


2 comments:

  1. That's my girl...chip off the family block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...I know what you mean. Though nowadays I have to wake up at 6 am ugh. I made myself accustomed to it by setting a super early appointment, and that way I HAD to wake up. You can try drinking warm milk or an herbal (non-caffeinated!) tea just before bed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...