I LOVE pumpkin bread and so I found a recipe, made a few changes to up the health factor and voila, pumpkin spice bread. It was good!
This makes about 24 servings, depending on how you cut the slices though.
2 cups pumpkin puree
4 eggs (at room temp)
1 cup sugar free applesauce
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon all spice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans. I used two 8x4x2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, applesauce, water and sugar until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended.
- Pour into the prepared pans. The recipe called for 2 smaller loaf pans, but I used what I had and so, I poured the remainder of the batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for about 50-75 minutes in the preheated oven (if you put all three pans in together).
- The muffins were done after 50 minutes, but the loaf cakes needed to stay in for another 15-20 minutes.
Bon Appetite :)