Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pure Barre Update

Day 26 of Pure Barre has passed and I'm feeling great!  Well that's not entirely true...haha.  Pure Barre is amazing, and I am slowly starting to see a difference in my legs, back and butt.  They are more toned and the hubby says thinner, although I don't see the thinner part just yet (I swear, he sees things that I never see...don't know what's up with that).  I do however have lots more energy, I can keep up with the exercises more easily (although they are still really hard) and I also feel a lot stronger overall.  I am also a lot closer to doing the splits than I ever have.  I have moments where I LOVE the class and moments where I HATE it...but I know its helping me and I know if I stick with it I will see the change I want to see.  I don't have any pain in my surgery areas (shoulder, feet) and my back also feels stronger post injury, so overall, this has been a really good thing.  I still hate the skinny, toned people that come into the class...God...why can't you go find somewhere else to be with all your free, rich time...geez.  I also really hate it when the occasional guy walks into the studio.  Really...go pump some weights at 24 hours and leave the hip tucking and thigh pumping for the women, geez!  I'm already self-conscious as it is...I don't need a guy with roaming eyes in the room to make it even more uncomfortable.

However,  my clothes still fit the same, and I am still frustrated that I haven't lost any weight (0 lbs) but I think a lot of that is my own fault. The stomach area is getting there at a much sloooooower rate too and its driving me nuts.  I don't know if this is normal, or if I am really doing something wrong.  Maybe it really takes a while to lose weight when you're starting to build muscle?  I don't know...but I do know I hate it.  I've also been too busy to really focus on eating well and cooking good meals and that might also be another factor. I get home so late and I'm so dead that all I want is to do is eat something quickly and crash on the couch. I haven't been eating chips, rice or any major junk food, but I eat a lot of bread.  I just get to darn hungry I can't think or function and bread is the only thing I want. I also haven't been putting in any cardio time.  Maybe that's another factor.  I don't know...but I am sticking with this and hoping I start to see a drastic change soon.  I think next month I'll sign up at a studio closer to home (not 20 min away), although I hate to change instructors since I have gotten used to them and the people and I'm starting to get more comfortable with my surroundings.

This Saturday I have signed up for a seat intensive 75 minute class (I had to pay an extra $30). I am looking forward to it, but I know it's going to be challenging.

I am hoping to put in 30-45 min of cardio today. I am also trying to cut back on the bread (aaaahhh!) and eat more salad.  Sigh...I hate this...why can't it just come off fast and NOW!  

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...