Sunday, November 11, 2012

Acts of Kindness

Yesterday I had planned to set up an experiment that I needed to do for this upcoming meeting on Nov 29th.  It took me weeks to prepare and when I went in yesterday to set it up, the computer connected to the Flow Cytometer wouldn't boot up.  It crashed...along with all the data on that computer...and I couldn't do my experiment.  I was again, devastated and too pissed for words.

So...what does one do, when one is devastated...shop!

I went to my favorite store, TJMaxx...splurged a little on things I didn't need and then met my husband up for coffee.  At the coffee shop, I was telling him that my brother got 2 free tickets for the new James Bond movie, Skyfall, and is taking my dad to see it.  Inside I was thinking...sigh...tonight I feel like watching a movie and I don't want to go home and work.  Just then, a couple walk up to us and say hey, we have two free tickets for the new James Bond movie...are you interested?  I just stood there, dumbfounded...looking at them like...seriously???  I looked at my husband and he's like wow...thanks...what's the deal.  The guy said: nothing, we went to get a refund for our tickets to watch the earlier showing, and they let us keep our old ones...so if you want, they're yours.  We insisted to pay someone for them, or buy them coffee, but they said no.

I was so shocked by the kindness of these two people and it really made my night.  So, I had a nice date night with the hubby, dinner and a free movie.  Great way to spend the evening!



 Comfort food...my fav, mac and cheese!

Acts of kindness, even towards strangers, can make a difference in their lives.  You never know what that person is going through in their day.  So, even if all you can do is share a smile, that too can make a difference.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...