Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tips for a Small Kitchen

I'm not going to lie, but the thing that caught my attention the most from this article was the yellow standing mixer :)  Sigh...what I would do for a standing mixer, most probably in red to match my red hand mixer.

But, in all seriousness, these are some really great tips for those with a really small space.  Luckily my kitchen has a lot of cabinets, much much more than my last condo.  But, because of this, the "Oh, this is so cute, I might be able to use this later" syndrome has hit me hard and I have collected more things than ever before and now have lost all that really great space.


But something that I firmly believe in is white plates.  All my serving dishes and platters are white.  Even my fine china is a shade of white.  You can't go wrong with white and you can always dress it up with something else, flowered bowls or napkins or a colorful tablecloth.  You wouldn't be able to do that if you're dishes were colored or had a pattern.

As for appliances, well, I have a lot.  These are a few things that I absolutely can't live without and would recommend everyone to have, in order of importance (for me).  I use them all the time, the juicer much less often.

1.  Electric teapot and warming tray (totally saves on my gas bill and my time)
2.  Toaster (4 toast slots, not 2...trust me, it makes a difference)
3.  Rice Cooker (takes 15-20 minutes to cook 2 cups of rice)
4.  Hand Mixer (I have the 5 speed)
5.  Blender (the hubby uses this more than I do)
6.  Food Processor - Mini and 11 cup (I have both and the mini is perfect for quick chopping needs)
7.  Juicer (this is a great little juicer for small juicing needs)
8.  Waffle Maker (self-explanatory)

3 comments:

  1. Look how pretty that yellow is - but I bet it dulls with age - have seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about the white china! I have all white too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right about the white china! I have all white too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...