Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Bread

I had about 2 cups of pumpkin left over from the ginger pumpkin date cake I made a while back, so I decided to make something else to use up the remaining pumpkin.  This bread smelled so good...it was killing me to have to wait until iftar to have some.

I LOVE pumpkin bread and so I found a recipe, made a few changes to up the health factor and voila, pumpkin spice bread.  It was good!

This makes about 24 servings, depending on how you cut the slices though.

Ingredients:
2 cups pumpkin puree
4 eggs (at room temp)
1 cup sugar free applesauce
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon all spice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
  • Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.  I used two 8x4x2 loaf pans.  
  • In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, applesauce, water and sugar until well blended. 
  • In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. 


  • Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. 


  • Pour into the prepared pans.  The recipe called for 2 smaller loaf pans, but I used what I had and so, I poured the remainder of the batter into muffin tins.


  • Bake for about 50-75 minutes in the preheated oven (if you put all three pans in together).
  • The muffins were done after 50 minutes, but the loaf cakes needed to stay in for another 15-20 minutes.  



Bon Appetite :)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...