13 oz jar of Nutella (generic hazlenut spread DOES NOT taste the same, FYI)
2 tbsp unsalted butter - softened, not melted
1 extra large egg
1 cup unbleached flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Note: The recipe this was adapted from called for self-rising cake flour, which I did not have. I had no intention to buy some just for these cookies, so instead I substituted by adding baking powder and sifting the flour mixture.
*Makes about 20 cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sift and set aside.
- Beat together 3/4 cup of the Nutella, butter, and egg in a medium bowl.
- Slowly add the flour and beat.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes (cookies will puff).
- Remove from oven, cool on baking sheet then transfer cookies to cooking rack and let cool completely before devouring.
Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sift and set aside. I have a makeshift sifter that I use from a small colander that I removed the foot off of. I don't like regular sifters as they take too long, cleaning is a pain and it's hard on the hands.
Beat together 3/4 cup of the Nutella, butter, and egg in a medium bowl.
Slowly add the flour until a moist clumpy dough forms. I think I could add a bit of milk to get more of a dough like consistency...couple teaspoons maybe?
Roll into small balls and place on a cookie sheet.
Let them cool before moving them as they are really soft and squishy.
Once they cool, they are crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside. Perfect with milk or tea :)
Bon Appetit :)