A 5lb bag fits right into the container.
Just cut the paper bag flush with the outer rim of the plastic container.
Put the lid on, so that it fits inside the paper bag...
And, voila! Flour straight out of the bag...without the mess...
NOT! Yup, too good to be true. The lid doesn't sit on the container tight enough, and as I was trying to get the flour out of the spout with a tapping action, this is what happened! It's a brilliant idea, but needs some major work! AHHHHHHHH!
Man...the clean up was a pain. I should have put my ice cube tray somewhere else while I was testing this thing. Arg!
So, here is my review of this product. Buy at your own risk, haha!
1. You don't have to pour the flour or sugar out of their bag, as it does hold the bag inside it pretty well.
2. As long as you don't try to pour using the lid, it's a great container for storing flour...I suppose.
3. It's great for sugar, as sugar pours out of the spout easily, but I would hold the lid just to be safe.
4. It's easy to clean.
1. The flour doesn't pour out of the spout whatsoever. You either need to take the lid off, or use the larger opening to scoop flour out.
2. It only fits a 5lb bag of flour or sugar, anything smaller or bigger will cause problems. So, Costco shoppers...you're screwed!
3. The lid doesn't sit on tightly or securely. You need to hold the lid down with your hand if you're going to attempt to use this product as it's intended.
4. You can't stack these containers on top of each other, so they do take up a lot of space.
5. If you don't cut the bag opening correctly, the lid will sit on even worse than before and then you're going to have problems.
I would return them, but for now I'm just going to keep it and use them as storage containers. They work as just that.