Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Starting All Over

Well, over 2 months of stress and some decisions to make, I finally had my committee meeting and have decided to find a new lab to do research in.  My meeting went (I think) terribly.  I got semi-positive feedback from everyone but things didn't go so well to start with or the way I had anticipated.  My PI (primary investigator for those who have no idea what it means) actually came in 5 minutes before I was going to present and wanted me to present the powerpoint that he had made changes to.  There were slides in there I had never seen before and I had no time to argue with him, while everyone was looking at me, so I went with it and winged it to the best of my abilities.  But, that was the last straw for me.  How could he do that?  What the heck is wrong with him?  Anyways, i'm over it.  After that I was really dead set on getting out.

I have found 2 new labs to rotate in.  2 completely different projects that I know nothing about with PI's who seems to be really great, according to their graduate students.  I am actually really excited, but need to get motivated to re-learn 2 new subjects from scratch.  Ah, motivation, kick in already.

Anyways, I finally got the guts to talk with my boss.  I have had nightmares about it and spent hours playing over and over in my head what I was going to say, how to say it, how to react, what to expect and so forth.  But, thank God it surprisingly went better than expected.  I really think it was all the prayers that really held him back.  He did however add a few insults to injury, which I will not go into, but it's over.  I can now breath and really just relax.  Blogging is back with full force (I hope...hehe)!

So, here goes nothing...starting from scratch...again...sigh!

Still thinking about that flower shop though...

1 comment:

  1. You're very brave to start over! But thank God you're at a point when you still can! Inshallah all will work well - lots of hard work but worth it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...