Friday, December 14, 2012

Homemade Pancakes

My husband was off today and I decided not to go to work either :D I mean...go to what?  Anyways, it was a cold, cloudy, drizzly day, and so I decided to make pancakes.  YAY for comfort food!  

I can't remember where I found this recipe, but it is one of the best simple recipes for puffy pancakes that I've tasted, EVER!  You can of course add nutmeg, cinnamon or fruit to your mixture, per your liking.   I decided to keep it simple this time.  This recipe FYI is enough for two people.  I've tripled the recipe before, when I made it for 6 people.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups of white flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder (make sure it's a fresh batch or the pancakes won't puff)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar

1 1/4 cup milk (I used Lactaid because my husband in lactose intolerant)
1 egg ("organic" preferably)
3 tbsp butter

Directions:
  • Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar
  • Make a well in the center of the flour mixture
  • Add the milk, egg and melted butter to the center
  • Mix, don't mind the clumps.

 I have a cool/useful pancake batter dispenser.  I got mine at, guess...TJMaxx, but they also sell it at Crate and Barrel.  It works pretty well to make nice circular pancakes. 

 I didn't take a picture of it, but I have a large rectangular griddle from Bed Bath and Beyond that covers two burners, so I can make nice pancakes, 2 at a time.  Or three, although the center doesn't get as hot.  
  
 My letter making abilities though clearly need some work.

Pancake warmer

 Syrup in a creamer.  I got this at Anthropologie a while back.  I just loved the little bird.

 BIG BIG TEA...YES! 

This is how the hubby eats his pancakes...chomp chomp...

This is how I do it...tehehe.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

1 comment:

  1. They look absolutely scrumptious! PLEASE will you make 'me for me when I come down? You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...