So, here it is:
The Very Very Best Delectable Carrot Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
4 eggs - room temperature
1 1/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 tsps imitation vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsps baking soda
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsps ground cinnamon
3 cups grated and finely chopped carrots1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 tsp imitation vanilla
2 tsps cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 2 round cake pans - I sprayed mine with Pam.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, applesauce, sugars and 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in the carrots.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour into your prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then turn them out onto a wire rack to cool
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Frost the cooled cake. You can also store the cake in the fridge overnight wrapped in saran wrap. It tastes much better after a night of cooling.
Note: In the past, I've always just added the grated carrots straight to the cake mix, but this time, I decided to chop them even further in my food processor and it made the cake taste so much better. Something about not have long strips of carrots I think added to the wonderful texture of the cake.
I used sweetened coconuts shavings and almond chips to decorate the cake, instead of adding them to the cake mix.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I did.