Now, it's not the best looking banner, that's for sure. I ran out of twine and (being the procrastinator that I am, well, just been busy), I didn't have time to run out and get more. So, the banner ended up being slightly lopsided, but it fit nicely with the theme I was going for with the cake.
What you need:
- Colored paper (not construction, as it will be harder to fold)
- Tacky Glue
- Coffee mixer sticks (or any stick really)
2. Fold your paper in half, so that when you cut you can get a long diamond shape, that's been folded over. Cut out as many as you need, in whatever color you like.
3. Write out your message on the small banner pieces you've just cut out.
5. Attach the twine to the sticks, so that the banners fall nicely. I ran out of twine, make sure you have enough, so you can stretch out the words nicely and neatly. Cut off the excess twine on the sides.