Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Goodbye Dinner

It's always really sad when friends move away. When I moved to SoCal, I met a handful of really great girls and many of them have started to move away, be it because of school, work or marriage. But, c'est la vie. There isn't much you can do about it. Last night we had a good bye dinner party for one of my good friends who's moving away for Pharmacy school. 

We went to Bucca di Beppo, a chain of Italian restaurants.  I had been to one of these restaurants when I was really small and had forgotten what it was like. If you've never been, this chain is known for its vintage photographs that are hung all over the walls, some of them of famous singers and actors/actresses and some more sensual and naked.  Each room has a theme, and we were in the passion room.  Now, I love vintage photos, but I am not one for sensual photos everywhere while I'm eating, and what surprises me is that this restaurant is meant for family's.  It wasn't the most comfortable setting for some of us and the food really wasn't all that great either.  I loved the salad we ordered (Chopped Antipasto Salad), but the rest of the food was so so. We did order too much food for 7 people, but there was enough for everyone to take home, yay for leftovers.  I think we were all so hungry when were ordering, that no one thought about it being too much.  But, I wasn't there for the food, so it didn't matter.  I was in good company and the surrounding added for great conversations.  

The best part of the evening was after dinner when they brought my friend a "We Will Miss You" cake and they passed around a candelabra and everyone had to say one thing they loved about her.  It was really great and so sentimental, everyone got a bit teary eyed.   

To my friend: I wish you the best experience on your new journey and may it be everything you hoped and wished for, without all the stress that school can bring :)    





Great friends make good company. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...