Friday, October 4, 2013

Organized Balcony

I hate a messy house and I hate, even more, a messy outdoor balcony for all to see. For the longest time, I had no better option for all our miscellaneous outdoor gardening tool stuff, than to have it out on an open shelf covered with a table cloth. It looked terrible and was an eye sore, but I just didn't know what else to do. We don't have a garage (arg, student housing).

Well, I'd had enough. I decided I wanted to buy something that looked nice, had more space and was sturdier than our plastic shelving unit. And, a few weeks of waiting and Craigslist scourring (I was cheap and didn't want to buy a brand new one from Lowes), I found my cabinet :)

When covered, this is what the embarrassment looked like:

 Uncovered was even worse:

 And now, with my awesomely cool cabinet :) Ya, I have all that plastic wrapped stuff up there. It's our small camping tables...I ran out of space...sigh :/ I moved all our camping gear from our tiny closet into this...I don't need a lantern, mattress pump, box of camping tools, snow boots and dusty hiking boots in my closet amongst my clothes thank you very much.  I also have to do something about your snow sled (see that blue UFO disc of an eye sore). It was next to our washing machine inside and I just couldn't stand it being there anymore. Dust catcher!!! I don't want to get rid of it, but it's cracked down the middle, so it's probably no good for sliding down an icy hill. Either way, the balcony looks much better than before. Less embarrassing I must say. And, it locks shut :) With a lock I haven't bought yet...crap, better get a move on now that I am confessing to the world my stuff is open for the taking!

I am also excited to say that I planted my first ever radish seeds and they have started to germinate in no time. I was so excited, you should have seen me. It was as if someone had bought me a brand new car. Oh the little things in life that excite me :o)

This is just 3 days after planting them. Look at those babies :)

A day later, they have grown even more. Sniff, mama's so proud! 

I've also planted two new tomato plants :)  
 

My Jasmine plant is taking over my balcony. I'm waiting to get the notice that I have to remove all their tendrils from the railing. Till then, take over Jasmine plant, take over! I need privacy.

 Happy Friday Everyone :)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful and look at those radishes! Yummm! They'll be so good fresh out of the ground!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...