Thursday, January 10, 2013

Over the Break

I finally got around to organizing the photos from my break.   Here are snapshots of some of our adventures. Enjoy :)

It had been a while since I had been to the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco (and my hubby had never been) and it was such a beautiful day in the city, that we decided to take advantage of it.  
Coffee and bagel at our favorite place with our favorite people pre-adventure.

Yes, there is a dude surfing the waves in freezing water.


Later that evening we went out with my family and aunt to see The Hobbit at the new Hackworth IMAX Dome Theater at the Tech Museum.  The screen is huge and wraps around half of the theatre for a really major in your face kind of experience.  It was much better than I thought it would be, but the screen was pretty fuzzy at times and I did have to close my eyes to prevent getting dizzy during the major heavy camera action battle scenes.  I don't think the movie was made to be seen on such a huge screen, but nonetheless it was a cool experience (not sure I'd do it again though), but the movie was great. I didn't know it was part 1 of 3??? Sheesh...the hobbit was one book.
Tea and sweets at Bijan Bakery after the movie :)

We went back home the next day, an almost 7 hour drive...the worst part of my vacation is always having to head back to reality.  But we had a nice surprise on our drive down when we entered the grapevine.  Living in California, you NEVER see snow (mountains don't count), so when I do, I get sooooo excited and become a total tourist snapping away to get all the snow pictures I can.  I would have made the hubby stop so I could play a bit, hehe :), but there wasn't a place to stop and I just wanted to get home after driving for 6 hours, well, I didn't drive, but the moral support as a passenger is exhausting too :D

 

1 comment:

  1. SF is so beautiful, especially when you are there! Sigh....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...