*Recipe from Heather Christo and posted at A Cup of Jo.
Serves 8 to 10
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
2 ½ cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp nutmeg
¼ cup buttermilk
1 cup fresh blueberries
Depending on how thick you want it, you can vary the amount of sugar and milk. For this cake, I opted for a thinner glaze.
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
2-4 tbsp milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Note: grease and flour the heck out of a 10" bundt pan.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and the sugar until well incorporated. Add the eggs and the vanilla and beat until fluffy. Then add the sour cream and beat until the batter is smooth and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, and then add the dry ingredients to the batter and partially mix together. Add the buttermilk and beat until you have a smooth batter.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer the batter to the prepared bundt pan and bake at 350F for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes before turning over onto a cake plate. While the cake is cooling, prepare the glaze.
For the glaze:
- Measure the sugar into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of milk and vanilla extract.
- Stir until it forms a thick, creamy paste.
- If desired: for a thicker, hard glossy shell, add more sugar (2 cups) and less milk (2 tbsp).
- When you have turned the cake out onto a cake plate, drizzle the glaze over the top. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
Bon Appetit :)